This informational website is operated by Seafood Legacy Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Company") and provides information (such as summit programs and locations, online distribution of summits, information on past symposia, reports, and speakers) mainly related to summits on marine products (hereinafter simply referred to as "Summits").
These Terms (as defined in Article 1) shall apply to the Service (as defined in Article 1) between the Company and all Users of the Service. By using the Service (as defined in Article 1), you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms as defined below, regardless of whether or not you have registered as a member. Please review these Terms thoroughly before using the Service.
Article 1: Definitions
The definitions of the terminology used in these Terms are as follows:
- "Service" refers to all informational services and related services provided through this website operated by the Company.
- "Use/using/usage" refers to the act of viewing any part of the information provided on the Service, the act of receiving or attempting to receive Summit information or other content provided on the Service, the act of providing information such as any postings made by a User on the Service, and any other activities conducted by a User in connection with or through the Service.
- "User" refers to any party who uses the Service, regardless of whether or not they are a registered member, and regardless of whether they are a corporation or an individual.
Article 2: Application
- These Terms shall apply to all relationships between the Company and the User concerning the use of the Service starting from the time the User uses the Service.
- The Company reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time under its discretion. If the Company notifies the User regarding a change to these Terms, the said change shall take effect starting the time specified by the Company or when the notification takes effect in accordance with the following Article. During such a time, the User shall be deemed to have agreed to this in advance. If the User uses the Service after the said notification takes effect, the User shall be deemed to have agreed to the relevant changes to these Terms.
Article 3: Notifications from the Company
- As a general rule, all notifications from the Company to the User regarding the Service shall be posted on the Service's website or emailed to the email address provided by the User to the Company (including social media contact information). These notifications shall take effect once the Company sends the said notifications.
- If the Company uses a method of notification other than that defined in the preceding paragraph, the notification shall take effect when a reasonable period necessary for the said notification to reach the User has passed.
- The notification defined in the preceding two paragraphs shall be effective regardless of whether or not each User actually receives or recognizes the said notifications.
Article 4: Use of the Service
- The User reserves the right to use the Service within Japan and within the Service's purpose of use, period of use, available services, and method of use specified by the Company, provided that the User agrees to these Terms and does not violate these Terms.
- The Company reserves the right to provide all or part of the Service as a paid service (all or part of the Service with a prescribed Service Fee (defined below) are hereinafter simply referred to as "Paid Service"), where the condition of use is the payment of compensation (includes the participation fee for the Summit and fee for the provision of information; hereinafter referred to as "Service Fee"). If the User uses the Paid Service, the User shall pay the Company's prescribed Service Fee via the Company's prescribed method. The Service Fee shall be paid to enable the use of the Paid Service, and the User shall pay the specified Service Fee regardless of whether or not the User actually used the Paid Service (for example, whether or not the User participated in the Summit). Any Service Fees already paid for shall not be refunded regardless of the reason.
Article 5: Membership Registration
- If the Company establishes a membership registration function on this website, this Article shall be provided to any User who uses or intends to use such function.
- The User reserves the right to submit a membership registration to the Company regarding the Service by providing the Company with membership information (this refers to all information requested by the Company when a User applies for membership registration; the same applies hereinafter.) in accordance with the Company's prescribed procedures, given that the User agrees to abide by these Terms.
- The Company shall examine the User's application according to the Company's standards. If the Company approves of the application, the Company shall issue the User a password and other account information to use the Service as a member. The User's membership registration is deemed completed upon issuance of the said account information.
- If there are any changes to the registered information (all information about the member provided by the said member to you, including membership information; the same applies hereinafter), the member shall promptly change the relevant registered information according to the procedures prescribed by the Company.
- If the person who applied for membership registration in accordance with Paragraph 1 falls under any of the reasons stated below, the Company reserves the right to refuse the said membership registration. If any of the reasons stated below are found applicable after the approval of the membership registration (however, for item 2, "membership information" can also mean "registration information"), the Company reserves the right to cancel the membership registration as well as prohibit the relevant User's use of all or part of the Service thereafter.
- If the Company determines that the User has violated or is likely to violate these Terms;
- If all or part of the membership information provided to the Company contains false information, errors, insufficient information, inaccurate information, omissions, or outdated information;
- If the Company judges that the User is engaged in a business that may compete with the Service;
- If the Company deems that the Service is being used or is likely to be used for the purpose or intent of profit, advertising, scouting, or attracting customers, regardless of whether it is for the Company or a third party;
- If the User has a history of having their membership registration for the Service being refused or canceled;
- If the Company judges that the User is an antisocial force or has some kind of interaction or involvement with antisocial forces, such as cooperating or being involved in the maintenance, operation, or management of antisocial forces through the provision of funds or other means; and
- In any other cases where the Company deems the membership registration to be inappropriate.
- The member shall manage and store their account information at their own risk, and shall not allow any third party to use, disclose, lend, transfer, change the name of, or buy or sell the said account information. Aside from this, the member shall be liable for all acts and results of using their account information, which shall be deemed to be the acts and results of the member themselves. The member shall be liable for any damage caused by inadequate management of account information, errors in use, or use by a third party, and the Company shall not be liable for any such damage.
- If the User becomes aware of the possibility that their account information has been stolen or is being used by a third party, the User shall immediately notify the Company in a manner defined by the Company and follow the Company's instructions to that effect.
- If the User wishes to withdraw from the Service (cancellation of membership), the said User shall follow the Company's prescribed withdrawal procedures and notify the Company to that effect. For the specific withdrawal procedures, please contact the Company.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User resulting from any action taken by the Company in accordance with this Article.
Article 6: Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights and other rights, including copyrights (including the rights specified in Articles 27 and 28 of the Copyright Act) for designs, trademarks, and information provided in connection with the Service (including all content provided, such as Summit information, downloaded reports, speaker information), are the property of the Company or the third parties who have granted permission to the Company regarding such. Therefore, the User shall not use, copy, modify, nor post such content on the Internet without the prior written consent of the Company. Approval of the use of the Service does not imply permission to use the intellectual property rights of the Company or third parties related to the Service.
Article 7: Personal Information
Article 8: Inquiries about the Service
The Company shall accept questions regarding the specifications of the Service, how to operate the Service, and how to investigate the cause or workaround in case the Service does not operate properly.
The Company does not guarantee that it shall answer or otherwise respond to such questions or that the content of such questions meets the expectations of the User. Questions regarding services other than the Service shall not be accepted.
Article 9: User Prohibitions
The Company shall prohibit the User from performing the acts stated below (including acts that may fall under the acts stated below; the same shall apply hereinafter). If the User performs these acts, the Company shall prohibit (refers to the refusal of access to the website including any other measures taken by the Company to make the use of the Service wholly or partially impossible; the same shall apply hereinafter.) all or part of the offending User's use of the Service thereafter. The Company shall not be obligated to take measures based on this Article, and the User shall not object to the Company's taking or not taking measures based on this Article, with the Company bearing no liability for any damage to the User due to such.
- Infringing upon the intellectual property rights of the Company or any third party, in particular, by copying, altering, publishing, or posting on the Internet any Summit Information or other content provided by the Service beyond the scope of the Company's permission;
- Violation of these Terms or related laws (including all applicable laws, government ordinances, regulations, guidelines, and industry group self-imposed regulations; the same shall apply hereinafter);
- Posting or providing information to the Company that does not or may not match the facts (including personal information about oneself and any other information about one's social status or attributes);
- Posting information that violates relevant laws, social norms, common sense, social conventions, public order and morals, or other information that may cause trouble for others;
- Slander or harassment of the Company, other Users, or third parties, or infringement of property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal rights;
- Posting information such as web addresses and links that allow access to external sites that contain content that may cause disadvantages to the Company, other Users, or third parties;
- Posting of programs that may destroy or interfere with the functions of the Company's server or network, as well as the functions of the software or hardware used by the Company, other Users, or third parties;
- Collecting or storing other Users' personal information without permission;
- Use of the Service while impersonating another person or entity;
- Cooperating with or being involved in the maintenance or operation of antisocial forces, such as directly or indirectly providing funds or benefits to antisocial forces in relation to the Service;
- Modifying, altering, licensing, translating, selling, analyzing, imitating, deciphering, decompiling, disassembling, or performing any similar act to the software used for the Service or the software used in the Service, or making others do such;
- Posting via automatic posting tools or using patrol tools to search or acquire information on the Service;
- Solicitation, advertisement, or any other act of publication to attract customers through the User or a third party (except for advertisements that are made with the prior written approval of the Company);
- Any act of advertising without the prior written approval of the Company;
- Any act that may interfere with the operation of the Service or the Company's management, such as acts similar to the preceding items; and
- Any other acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 10: Suspension or Termination of the Service
- The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate all or part of the use of the Service without prior notice during any of the cases stated below.
- If performing periodic or emergency computer or system inspections or maintenance;
- If there is a computer or communication line failure due to an accident;
- If the operation of the Service becomes impossible due to force majeure such as fires, power outages, and natural disasters; and
- In other cases where the Company deems it necessary to suspend or terminate the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User due to measures taken by the Company in accordance with this Article. The Company shall not also be liable for any loss of any information related to the Service due to maintenance or system failure. As such, the User shall save the necessary information themselves.
Article 11: Modification and Termination of the Service
- The Company reserves the right to change (refers to altering the contents or specifications for all or part of the contents or specifications of the Service while maintaining the identity of the Service) the contents or specifications of the Service for the Company's own reasons without prior notice.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate (refers to terminating the provision of the Service as a whole or altering the contents or specifications for all or part of the contents or specifications of the Service without maintaining its identity as a service) the provision of the Service for the Company's own reasons. During such a case, the Company shall endeavor to notify the User in advance.
- The User shall not object to the measures taken by the Company in accordance with this Article, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages or other losses incurred by the User as a result of such measures.
Article 12: Disclaimer of the Company
- The User shall prepare, maintain, and manage the computer, software, internet connection, and any other equipment for the use of the Service at the User's own expense and responsibility. The Company shall not be liable for any defect, deficiency, loss, malfunction, or other inadequacy of such equipment.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by the addition or change of the contents of the Service or by the interruption or termination of the Service. The User shall be required to pay all Service Fees even during such cases. The same shall apply if there is a decrease in display speed or failure due to excessive access or other unforeseen factors.
- The Company shall not be obligated to monitor information posted by the User or other third parties, nor is the Company obligated to store information posted by the Company, User, or other third parties.
- The Company shall make every effort to improve the accuracy and reliability of its information. However, the Company shall not guarantee the accuracy, up-to-dateness, usefulness, suitability, completeness, safety, legality, or any other reason for any information provided by the Company on the Service, and shall not be liable for any damages resulting from such information. Please use such information and content at your own risk.
- The Company shall not guarantee the accuracy, up-to-dateness, usefulness, suitability, completeness, safety, legality, or any other reason of external sites linked from each page of the Service, advertisements posted by each advertiser on the Service, each page of the external sites, or Other Services, and shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User as a result thereof.
- The Company shall not be involved in the communications and activities of the User. In the unlikely event that there is a dispute between Users, between Users and third parties, or between third parties, the dispute shall be resolved by the relevant Users or third party, with the Company bearing no liability whatsoever.
- If it is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction that all or part of the stipulations of these Terms that completely exempt the Company from liability in tort for the Company's default or performance of its obligations do not apply, and if it is proven that the User has suffered damages based on the Company's default or tort, the Company shall be liable for compensation up to the amount equivalent to the Service Fee it received from the User concerning the provision of the Service in the month in which the damage occurred, provided that the Company is liable only for ordinary damages directly and actually incurred by the User and provided that the User has paid the Service Fee. However, this shall not apply if the Company is intentionally or grossly negligent.
Article 13: User's Liability for Damages
- If the User violates these Terms and causes damage to the Company, the offending User shall bear the obligation to compensate the Company for all damages suffered by the Company and all costs contributed by the Company regarding such (including, but not limited to, ordinary damages, special damages, legal fees, attorney's fees, and costs required to restore trust; the same shall apply to this Article).
- In addition to the preceding paragraph, if the Company is forced to pay compensation for damages or any other payment or expense in response to a claim from another User or a third party due to the actions of the User, the Company shall be entitled to claim all damages and expenses incurred by the Company from the User who caused the damage.
Article 14: Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Obligations
- The User shall not assign or otherwise dispose of its contractual status under these Terms as well as all or any part of the rights and obligations arising therefrom to any third party without the prior written consent of the Company, nor shall the User assume or offer such as collateral.
- If the Company transfers its business that is related to the Service to another company, the Company reserves the right to transfer its contractual status under these Terms, rights and obligations under these Terms, membership information, and other information to the transferee of the transfer, and the User shall agree to such a transfer in advance. The transfer of the business as defined in this paragraph shall include ordinary business transfers, corporate splits, and any other cases in which business is transferred.
Article 15: Severability
If any stipulation of these Terms, or any part thereof, is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the remainder shall continue in full force and effect. Any stipulation or part of a stipulation in these Terms that is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable shall be applied by replacing the relevant invalid stipulation or part with a valid stipulation that most closely matches the intent of the stipulation or part, or by applying a reasonable interpretation of the stipulation or part to make it most closely match the intent of the relevant invalid stipulation or part.
Article 16: Complete Agreement
These Terms encompass all agreements between the Company and the User at the time of entering into a contract that is based on these Terms with respect to the Service. Any express or implied agreements, discussions, offers, and materials between the Company and the User before entering into a contract that is based on these Terms shall cease to be effective if they differ from the contents of these Terms. If the User individually changes the contents of a contract that is based on these Terms, the said changes shall require written consent from the Company.
Article 17: Surviving Stipulations
Article 2.2, Article 3, Article 4.2, the items listed in Article 4.3, Article 5.6, Article 5.9, Article 6, Article 7, Article 8.2, the items listed in Article 9, Article 10.2, Article 11.3, Articles 12 through 16, this Article, and Article 18 shall continue to be in effect regardless of whether or not the contracts under these Terms are still in effect.
Article 18: Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Japanese law. Any disputes arising out of or relating to the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.
Article 19: Resolution Through Discussion
Any question arising from these Terms or any matter not stipulated therein shall be promptly and cordially settled upon consultation between the involved parties.