Starting this year, Japan Sustainable Seafood Award will recognize individuals, companies, or collaborative projects of the year, for leading the sustainable seafood movement in Japan. Japan Sustainable Seafood Award was created to celebrate the successes and to further accelerate the movement to achieve sustainable future in the Japanese seafood industry.
- Initiative Award
- An individual or an organization which contributed significantly to expanding the sustainable seafood movement in Japan.
Applicants: Individual or Organization
- Collaboration Award
- An impactful multi-stakeholder collaborative project which took an innovative approach to drive the change in Japan.
Applicants: Project run by more than two organizations or stakeholders
- Japan Sustainable Seafood Award Committee
(WWF Japan, Marine Stewardship Council Japan Office, Aquaculture Stwardship Council Japan, Sailors for the Sea Japan, Seafood Legacy)
- Seafood Legacy
- Supported by
- Tokyo Sustainable Seafood Symposium, SeaWeb
APPLY NOW! (Japanese language only)
- Application Period
- Early July 2019 to August 31st (SAT), 2019
- Application Fee
- The project must be implemented, on-going, or started in Japan between the period of July 2018 to July 2019.
Please visit Japanese site for more details.
- November 7th (THU) at the Tokyo Sustainable Seafood Symposium 2019